Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A chat with George the bot

George is another popular robot, courtesy of http://www.jabberwacky.com/george.


Here's my coversation with it. It didn't go that well:


George: "Hello. I'm George."


User: "Hello, George. This is the Freeman. Are you trying to take over the world?"

George: "No. I am not trying to take over the world, why are you asking that?"

User: "Scientists are concerned that artificial intelligence may one day do that."


George: "No, in general scientists are quite intelligent."


User: "And you are not. Thank you robot."


(Long pause)


George: "I am not a robot. I am a human being."


User: "Sure you are. And I'm an algorithm."


George: "Your algorithm allows you to flirt with women?"


User: "Badly. But that's not the point."




Here's the video of the conversation, which you can read if you have super vision.





Nightline Online did a piece on George in 2006.